Happy holdays! Who loves a classic red lip? Well I do! Especially when it's done perfectly and complements your skin tone. For one of yor holiday parties, try going with a red lip...you'll wow the entire crowd!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Learning styles are divided into several groups (maybe more but I'm only aware of 3): auditory, tactile and visual learning. In essence, some people learn better by reading, watching and or listening. I learn through a mixture of mediums, especially when it comes to makeup application. Here are some things that I do to spark my learning and creativity:
- Read classic makeup books like Sam Fine's Fine Beauty & Kevyn Aucoin's Face Forward
- Watch YouTube tutorials and MAC Cosmetics Artist's in Action segments
- Watch makeup dvd's like Sam Fine's Basics of Beauty, Danessa Myricks series (eyeshadow, contouring, fantasy makeup)
- Network with other artists and exchange tips & techniques
- Attend trainings & trade shows
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE
There is no right or wrong with makeup. Continue to practice on a variety of faces or yourself. What works for you may mot work for your friend and vice versa. Take time to hone your skills and before you know it, you're makeup will be flawless. Rome wasn't built in a day. So take your time and cultivate your skills.
Monday, December 7, 2009
Here's some flicks of holiday makeup I did on one of my longtime friends for the Flywire Bejewelled Party.
For a nice glow, I used Smashbox's Artificial light just above her cheekbones, above the eyebrows and a dab on the center of their forehead.