Thursday, July 9, 2009

Who Am I?

Hello world! I'm Jamaya, a twentysomethingish (whew...i'm getting older) makeup artist located in Baltimore. I've been debating about writing this blog for months now.
It just so happens that I've been stuck in the house for 3 days with the flu and I figured that I might as well start blogging now (perfect timing huh). Anyways, I've been part-time freelancing (lol, I'm still holding onto the 9-5) for almost 3 years now. Many times, I tell people that "I've been doing makeup for a while"  because you really can't let everyone know your business. People will tend to judge you based on your time in and not your talent (especially in a cosmetics store).


In that 3 years, I have met tons of artists, photographers, models and people that are really creative and supportive. I never imagined that I would be doing this in my adult life because I was never a makeup junkie as a teen. I really fell into the art of makeup and I am so blessed that God gave me this wonderful talent. Ok, enough with the logistics...let's get to the fun stuff ;)


**Note**
I'm currently employed for a cosmetics company(rhymes with jack, lol)  but I'm not a big product junkie/makeup snob. I've realized that alot of brands use private labeling companies to manfacture their product lines so in the end, it's all the same makeup regardless of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment