Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lip Service

Hey All! For those of you that know me, you know that I have a set of soup coolers that are to die for. Well, normally my purse is filled with an array of lip balms including Burt Bee's, Carmex and good ol' Vaseline. But lately, I've expanded my circle of lippies to include some new products from MAC Cosmetics. Let's take a look at the team...

First to bat is Naked Honey Skin Salve. Now, I must say that I really love this product! It keeps my lips supple and moist for hours on hours. That's a must for a lady who's always laughing and chatting it up (like yours truly). I also used the SKin Salve on a pesky mosquito bite and it eased the itchiness. Let's see what MAC has to say:
Formulated from organic beeswax, sunflower oil and other natural ingredients, this rich honey-scented and flavoured salve instantly moisturizes and helps recondition dry skin. Multi-purpose. Use everywhere. Limited edition.
Next and last up is Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm. This product comes in a little cute tube that can be tucked away in your fav clutch or pants pocket with ease. I like this product because it's velvety and smooth. Unlike MAC's liglasses, it's not STICKY and it won't leave any buildup around the corners of your mouth.  It doesn't have as much staying power as my Naked Honey Skin Salve...boo, hoo :(  I found myself reapplying this product frequently, maybe the SPF has something to do with that. It comes in 5 shades so you can use it to top of your fav lipstick instead of lipglass. And this is what MAC said:
A new tinted lip balm with SPF 20 to keep lips hydrated, protected, while still looking brilliantly chic. Provides balm-style conditioning, and everyday sun-shield protection in combination with sheer colour. Nourishing, helps improve the look and condition of lips immediately and with continued use. Features a light vanilla flavour.
The choice is yours but definitely take care of those beautiful lips!

Naked Honey Skin Salve  40 g / 1.41 US OZ US $18.50

 Naked Honey Skin Salve

Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm 10ML / 0.33 US FL OZ US $14.50

No comments:

Post a Comment