Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's All in My Genes

As I was watching the Soul Train Awards, I couldn't help but notice how amazing the artists looked. Yes, many of them were styled and prepped by professionals but it wasn't just the clothes, hair or makeup. Many of them haven't aged a bit.
Yes, they may have gained a few pounds but they still looked good for 40, 50 or 60. Their skin looked plump and firm which made the makeup look awesome on the women and men.

My grandma is 83 years old and her skin is just as vibrant as mine. Her silky skin tone is an even shade of warm cocoa. When I grow up, (lol) I wanna look just like her. My mom looks like my sister and when I turn 49, my daughters will look like my siblings too.

Genetics plays a huge role in how our skin develops. my parents never had acne and netither did I. If you're pregnant and worried about stretch marks, ask your mom about her experience. That'll be your best
indicator.

I'm truly blessed to be in the skin I'm in and grateful for my wonderful family that gave it to me :)


Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.8

No comments:

Post a Comment